There are 2,400 reports of child sexual abuse each year in Philadelphia...we want to bring healing and justice to every child.
Imagine a safe haven where experts in the fields of social work, law enforecement, child protective services, medicine and mental health collaborate to ensure that every child affected by sexual abuse in Philadelphia is able to begin the healing process - a place that works to ensure that justice is carried out --- that place is the Philadelphia Children's Alliance.
Welcome to the Philadelphia Children's Alliance web site, a resource for anyone concerned about helping sexually abused children or seeking information on the subject. The information provided here will enhance your understanding of a difficult problem. We invite you to join us in making a difference in our community's response to child sexual abuse.
Watch our agency video on YouTube and learn how we help kids in crisis.
August 26, 2013 that was the date. It was one year ago that the Philadelphia Safety Collaborative came into being with a ribbon cutting and campus dedication. A 25 year long journey to co-location. We knew it was going to be great --- for us, for the city, but mostly, for the children. And one year later, we can honestly say, that co-location has changed everything ... for us, for the city, and thankfully, for the children.
"A Team Approach to Child Abuse Intervention" 2014 Conference - Save the Date!
presented by The Philadelphia Children's Alliance and the Northeast Regional Children's Advocacy Center
Friday, December 5th, 8am-5pm, Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, City Avenue
Keynote Address by Matthew Sandusky
Registration is $60 per person, with a group discount available for teams registering 4 or more people.
Target Audience: This conference is geared towards child welfare professionals, social workers, law enforcement officers, attorneys, medical and mental health professionals, educators, advocates, and members of the general public committed to developing, maintaining and strengthening collaborative partnerships in a community response to child abuse. Continuing education credits will be offered for a variety of disciplines.
We have an amazing roster of internationally recognized experts in the field with workshops that include, "Sexual Trafficking of Minors-- What you need to know," "Interviewing Compliant and Statutory Victims," "Child Abuse in Child Custody Cases," "The Use of Tactical Polygraph with Sex Offenders," "Understanding and Coping with Secondary Traumatic Stress From Investigating Crimes Against Children," Metabolic and Genetic Mimickers of Child Abuse," and many, many, more.
See our Conference Event page for more details!
PCA Teddy Bear Days!
Every child who receives services from the Philadelphia Children's Alliance is offered the opportunity to select a teddy bear or stuffed animal toy upon leaving. We have found that this small token can help to begin the healing process for children who have been sexually abused. (View our teddy video on the PCA YouTube Channel)
How can you help us reach our goal of 3000 teddy bears this year (September 2014-September 2015)?
- Volunteer to become a collection site for a day, a week or a month.
- Brayden's BEARS, September 9th celebration only, Buy 1 for PCA and Brayden's will match it with 2 more!
- 4th Annual Battle of the Bands, Saturday, September 27, 2014, Show You Care-Bring A Bear Event
- Fortazela Fitness and Rehab, Hunting Park, September Teddy Bear Days for PCA
- Hopkins Pharmacy, Roxborough, September Teddy Bear Days for PCA
- Le' Pink Champu', Main St Manayunk, September Teddy Bear Days for PCA
- Rose Petals Cafe, Chelten Avenue, August 29th through September 9th
- Ana's Corner Store, East Norriton, September Teddy Bear Days for PCA
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, Corporate Drive, August 25th through September 8th
- Philadelphia Rock Gym, East Falls, September Teddy Bear Days for PCA
- Participate online by purchasing a bear and having it shipped to us!
- Purchase a bear from the PCA Amazon Wish List and it will be shipped to us automatically.
- Purchase a stuffed animal through the Kohl's Cares program (just $5 each) and help two organizations at once! On checkout, you can ship directly to PCA.
- Purchase a bear for PCA from our virtual partner, Brayden's BEARS, and they will match your donation with an additional bear. That's 2 for the price of 1!
- Note: When sending us bears, our address is 300 E Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia PA 19124
- Organize an event and become a Teddy Bear Wrangler for us.
- Join us on Storify and add to or share our story! This Small Token
There are so many ways to connect with our work. Right now, we are in need of GROCERY CARDS. Any food store will do (and even WaWa and Dunkin gift cards are welcome). Why are we asking for Grocery Cards? When families come to PCA for services, they are here for quite a few hours. Children get thirsty and hungry, and so, while they are here, we provide snacks and juice. Also, caretakers need our care too! So while caretakers are here, we also have a Caretaker Refreshment Center where caretakers can get a simple cup of coffee or tea. These small acts of care and comfort go a long way.
While we are not setup to accept donations of food (and cannot accept donations of food), we are more than happy to accept donations of gift cards (which help us out tremendously)! You can send them to us in the mail or email us to arrange a dropoff. Thanks for connecting to our work with an act of In-Kind-Ness.
Opportunities to Support Us ... Support those who support us through attending an event or making a purchase!